In this issue: Crane Industry Services and its Partners announce Trade Up, a new skilled labor supply pipeline for contractors. Trade Up is part skills-gap assessment, part coordinated training, and part recruitment effort.
“Answering the call for skilled labor requires a cohesive and coordinated approach between contractors, industry, and specialty service providers who can help individuals achieve lifelong, reliable careers as skilled craft professionals,” said Debbie Dickinson, CEO of CIS. “A multi-pronged approach is the only logical solution to the skilled labor supply shortage,” said Peter Krammer, Managing Partner of ELA Consulting Group, a partner in the Trade Up initiative.
- Why Women are good for construction.
- Crane Industry Services renews certification from National Women Business Owners Corporation as a Woman Business Enterprise.
- NYC Continues to consider crawler crane safety rules.
- Best practices for crane assembly and disassembly.
- OSHA renews alliance with overhead crane groups